Celebrate the Giants Win and the Upcoming Election With...Yet Another N Judah Shutdown This Weekend!
The Giants won! Hooray! The Election is Almost Over! HOORAY! And the N-Judah will be shut down for rail and road repairs this weekend?
(insert record scratch here)
Yes, you read that right. They've still got more work to be done (If you've been anywhere near Carl and Stanyan you know this because of all of the colorful plastic barriers in place).
So, without further delay, here's the official email from the SFMTA with details of this weekend's fun:
Carl Street Track Replacement Project Continues
- Track Work West of Sunset Tunnel
- Street Repaving on Carl Street at Cole, Shrader, Willard
- and Stanyan Street Intersections
- Work on Overhead Wire Poles along Carl Street
- 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2 through 5 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 5, 2012*
- New track for a smoother, faster ride on Muni
- Bulbouts to enhance safety and boarding at N Judah Line stops
- Curb and ramp upgrades
- Water and sewer improvements
- Street light pole replacement
Work slated for the Nov. 2 Weekend:
- Track repair between Carl Street and west of the Sunset Tunnel within the Muni right-of-way
- Grinding and paving Carl Street at Cole, Shrader, Willard and Stanyan Street intersections, one intersection at a time
- Work on the overhead wire poles at various locations along Carl Street
- Track and street work will generate some noise, including jackhammering, during daytime hours over the weekend
Street Closure and Street Parking Restrictions:
Street will be closed on an as-needed basis at Cole, Shrader and Stanyan street intersections during street repaving
Street parking will be temporarily unavailable near those intersections and around the working areas where overhead wire pole repair work takes place
If you live on the affected streets, please consider parking your car at an off-street garage or a parking lot such as UCSF Parking Garage and Kezar Stadium on Stanyan Street between Waller and Beulah streets. The project will reimburse you for parking charges. Please submit your parking receipts for reimbursement to: SFMTA Carl St. Rail Replacement Project, One South Van Ness Avenue, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 Attn: Ha Nguyen.
- N Judah Rail Line will be shut down during the weekend
- N bus will travel on Frederick Street
The Church & Duboce Track and Street Improvement Project will continue to take place, which will require the J Church Line only to operate between Balboa Park and Market at Church Street
What to Expect During Construction:
- Construction crews and equipment will be on site during construction
- Traffic control officers as well as police officers will direct traffic at critical intersections
- Noise and dust will be controlled in adherence with City Codes
- Electronic messaging boards will be used in affected areas to alert motorists and cyclists of detours
- Local business will remain open during construction
Construction dates have been coordinated between both the Church & Duboce and the Carl Street projects to minimize inconvenience to residents, businesses, Muni customers, motorists and bicyclists.
This schedule is subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen conditions.
The next shutdown on J and N Lines is scheduled for the weekend of Nov. 16.