Get Ready to Lose It Once Again, San Francisco - Snow MIGHT Be On the Way
- We had a super foggy and cold summer, far chillier than in the past. We had no warm weather from March-September.
- We just had a summer-like heat wave in January/February
- Now we're going to have record low temperatures and the slight possibility of....snow in SF! (We already have snow up in the mountains around the bay.
That's the weather part. Now here's what will happen in San Francisco, based on past weather incidents:
- First, when the snow hits, people will light up Twitter like a Christmas tree. Plan on seeing a lot of twitpics of snow in (insert neighborhood here) with "ZOMG TEH SNOWS!" tweets.
- Next, Something Will Go Horribly Wrong (most likely Muni) because in San Francisco if we deviate even a little from our Usual Weather, people again lose it and either a Muni bus will crash, a car or cars will crash, or something, because in SF, we can't handle any weather changes.
- The news media will regale us with endless pictures and video, because hey, who gives a f*ck about the Middle East or a quake in New Zealand when we can endlessly take pictures of TEH SNOW!
- If the cold lasts more than a few days, then we get a torrent of "I MISS TEH SUNZ! SNOW BAD" tweets.
- Also: all those east coast people we razzed endlessly get to repay the favor.
I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but it is what will happen. As for myself, I figure we'll just get some hail and cold rain...snow at sea level seems unlikely, aside from powder that melts on contact. But you can be sure I'll be taking photos!
PS: Next month I'm going to be taking a cross country train trip from DC to SF (well, Richmond, actually). Whenever I can get Internet access, I'll be posting about my train ride. One thing I could use is some advice about Chicago.
I have basically a day (8am-4pm) layover while I wait for my hotel room on rails, and could use some advice about what to do during that time, since I've never been to Chicago before. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!